Monday, December 6, 2010

Ben Roethlisberger Broken Nose


Ben Roethlisberger Broken Nose:If you were watching the Steelers Ravens game last night, “Ben Roethlisberger Broken Nose” comes as no surprise to you. It happened in the first quarter of the game.

I have to admit that I’m more of a sit beside my husband reading a book while the game is on type of a girl rather than one who doesn’t take her eyes off the screen.

But, even I could see that Steeler Ben Roethlisberger had a broken nose. Thanks to the beauty of being able to pause live television, I got a good look, as my husband paused it and then played it in slow motion so that I could get a good look at just how crooked and out of place his nose was.

But, then the announcers were saying that it wasn’t broken. I rolled my eyes and went back to my book.

So, the news this morning really comes as no surprise.

Ben Roethlisberger needs surgery to repair his broken nose.

He kept playing despite his broken nose. Oh, AND a sprained foot that he was wearing a special shoe for reinforcement.

As parents, is this the sort of example you want for your kids? I know I don’t want mine sitting on the sidelines over every little bump and bruise. But, is this taking that toughen up attitude a little too far?

No comments:

Post a Comment