Sunday, January 2, 2011

Wynton Marsalis, This country’s Music Ambassador

Even if brought in the new year, and we believe it will enable the music is very beautiful to get a little.

It's like a master of the famous - Wynton Marsalis - when he was 49, and perhaps the most famous living jazz artist and head of Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra, and perhaps the best big band in the office today. They are always on the highway, which is the most talented in the U.S. all over the world, most recently in London, Berlin and Havana.

The "60 Minutes" correspondent Morley Safer, and lucky enough to do together - a task that happy, and if there ever was one, and we hope to have an understanding of this group of brothers, music, and impact of the ambassadors of informal get.

Marsalis is the head of the team, but was buried in the queue again.

"It is interesting. If you guys go ahead and take a long time, and you do not, the status of" more secure.

"No, I played trumpet IV, and this role my own, and I like it, and I'm comfortable Blaine trumpet section. Started it because I really can not do this, and I'm not a good conductor," explains Marsalis.

And even tried a brave person in this rock group governance. "Every time you may begin to decline, it will be easy to mess up something, he will look to the bottom in his music and go (the thumb on the shoulder) and this means". Together in the trumpet section, "recalls Marsalis.

Marsalis and remains a storm on its way through many of the most difficult music, and poetry awareness in the jazz repertoire.

"I love pressure, I do not like this challenge. I can not have a problem with everything. I love the sense of nervousness. I want to think that there is something important. I want to be tested," said Safer.

Solo a particular song, and said bass player for many years, similar to try to fan belt in your car to change the engine running.

"Man, if you play and you just play with other people, and this is a combination of these feelings, is very large. When you give a statement or say something really sweet and you just feed some of the texts that take more intensity. It's powerful," said Marsalis.

It is difficult to ask the boy from New Orleans, which is worrying and classical and jazz audiences since his teen years, and thinking is in fact 50. He has received nine Grammy, in addition to the Pulitzer Prize for music.

Sign in men are more likely in all parts of the world, Minister of State for the average.

"We have spent three decades when he was a teenager in the music industry, and this results in you in some way, a man of a very small country great," remarked the safe.

"I do not think it appropriate. In the end, they tease me, and gave me an old man, because I was in my mutual - 20 above," said Marsalis.

The old man, Ellis, pianist, New Orleans, a new myth, jazz, Gene Linton, who was reached and three of his five brothers.

The Marsalis himself, who never married, and four children.

No comments:

Post a Comment